Room with a view

It's been awhile since my last entry. I've since been back to Georgetown twice since March and am planning another trip this week to visit my relatives who're visiting from Australia. It's been almost 15 years since my cousin's been back here. I wonder what she will think about Bangkok Lane today.


I wanted to keep a simple, comfortable & modest master bedroom, reminiscent of my grandfather. I've pride in my sheets, though - luxurious 600-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. And the bed - brand new King Coil comfort! My grandpa used to keep a green safe in his room on 65 Kelawei Road, a single bed with mattress as hard as a 20-year-old elephant trodden mattress. He wore his singlets over two days, one side per day. He led a very simple life. 


For the second room, there's a single bed with a table fan. Basic comforts for unexpected guests. We hope to install an air-condition unit by the end of the year.  


Bamboo chick blinds provide the respite from Penang's tropical hot sun. I usually keep the blinds down at all times as it keeps the mosquitoes away too!  


A peek out the balcony outside the second room. Here, I plan to build an outdoor open shower. Imagine... having a shower right under the stars!


The other day, when the contractors were around, we visited the store room and I found this olden day sink. It's more like a laboratory basin, don't you think? This is the first step towards my outdoor open shower paradise.


The peaceful backyard where monks of yesteryear lie. The energy is here amazing!

Comments

Popular Posts